... about ... what's new ... how to ...

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

knitting backlog

linked rib L1017740 brioche cable L1017305
I worked on several knitting projects this summer/fall that I finally photographed. zigzag & linked rib were some good stash-busting projects from the book "knitting new scarves" that I got for my birthday. brioche cable was just because I wanted a blue scarf :). And lastly, a co-worker of mine had a baby so I had to make a hat. They subsequently took photos of him posed next to a bunch of real pumpkins :).

6 comments:

Amy Badskirt said...

Oh! These are gorgeous! I do which I could do something more than a basic stitch. I love your yarn choices as well.

cignoh said...

yeah, i think i said this before, but i especially love the blue one. i bet the baby pumpkin pics were adorable, that's a cute idea. i like to knit baby things b/c they don't take as long :)

Joanna said...

Wow, I love the blue one! They all look amazing. The zigzag idea is original too. I could definitely use one of those scarves here, now that the temperature is dipping. Nice job!

ladylulu said...

These are phenom! I love the blue scarf!

sukogirl said...

oh wow! i am so impressed! i liked the mimknits one you did so much that i have been working on that one since you posted it (not finished yet)... and now you have gone and produced 4 more awesome projects. they are all very cool, but another vote for the blue one. though the pumpkin hat comes in a very close second.

lanaconqueso said...

Thanks everyone! I like the blue one best too. My favorite thing about it is that it looks the same on both sides so you don't have that one-sided problem like regular cables. It's a good, easy to memorize pattern for bus commutes :). This is where I found it: Reversible Cabled Brioche Stitch Scarf