... about ... what's new ... how to ...

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Spoonflower fabric designs

I recently came across a website called Spoonflower.com, which enables people to upload and print their own fabric designs. Instead of working on my numerous sewing projects, I've been obsessively experimenting with fabric ideas in Photoshop, trying to figure out how to make things tile. I ordered a few of my designs on small test swatches on the Free Swatch Day last week, and am looking forward to seeing the fabric.

Here is one design based on a drawing I made of ginkgo leaves: ginkgo-pink

3 comments:

sukogirl said...

wow! that's so cool. I love the design and colors. I also like ginko leaves. Did you draw that and scan it in or did u use a mouse to draw them? i can't wait to see your swatches.

cignoh said...

wow, i agree, how cool is that! love your designs, would love to see photos of the fabrics and know what you think of it. and would also like to see what you do w/ the fabric!!!

thanks for sharing! i might give this a try...

Joanna said...

Wow, what a great idea. I love your design and the colors! Post the photos of the swatches!!!