... about ... what's new ... how to ...

Friday, December 19, 2008

First Baby Quilt

first baby quilt Originally uploaded by sukogirl

yeah, I've finally tried quilting and found that I really enjoy it. I took a Quilting 101 class at the Creativ Festival in Toronto. This was a machine quilting class that showed us the basics of cutting out the pieces and sewing them up. I had to refer to online tutorials on finishing the quilt. I found that fabric (color/pattern) choice is very tricky. I really liked these two pieces of fabric, and I thought it would be okay together, but the completed piece is a little drab looking.

3 comments:

cignoh said...

how cool, i don't think it looks drab, i like the combo. i've never tried quilting before, i wonder if i'd like it? do you think you will keep doing it?

sukogirl said...

yes, i definitely want to quilt again. i already have some fabric i want to use for the next one. i might make a table runner or wall hanging. the hardest part is making sure all the pieces are have exact dimensions, otherwise, they don't piece well and it gets very frustrating.

lanaconqueso said...

looks great! I love the intermittent pinwheels. one of these days I will try quilting :)