... about ... what's new ... how to ...

Sunday, March 16, 2008

my dinner

Tonight I made baked tofu (marinated in soy, sesame oil, nutritional yeast, ginger..) and stir-fried some veggies in five-spice, etc. It was yummy. I had to put a charge in the camera so veggies looking a little wilted.
Yesterday I made a spinach-feta sauce to go over quinoa. But no pictures because I ate it.
Last week I made this really yummy bean soup with red nightfall beans (heirloom), loads of celery and onions and tomatoes. Shared with cute law school boy living upstairs from me. No pictures, all gone.
I'm off to see a Bollywood movie with Ryan and Pey-Ning. Might bring a book to read.

4 comments:

cignoh said...

yay! welcome to itb, i'm so glad you joined us! your dinner looks yummy. i'm going to add a label to your post so and add a link to the side so you can easily see all your posts, ok? whenever you post, you can label it with 'lila' (why lila, btw?) and whatever else you want...

sukogirl said...

yum! everything sounds delicious! the spinach-feta sauce on quinoa sounds like something i would like to try. if you like citrus, add 3 tbsp of freshly squeezed lime juice to your tofu marinate.

Robin D. said...

i agree, it all sounds good! can you post recipes, if you can remember them? i like cooking with both tofu and quinoa (we pretend it's rice so Q will eat it).

lila said...

Labels are a good idea. I like cooking in colors sometimes.

I use Lila as my profile name on Indiandating.com except recently my mother told me that it is a really really old-fashioned Indian name and it would scare away all the boys. :-)

Citrus sounds good, I forgot to mention that I finished with lemon juice, but lime would give it a another good flavor. I was also thinking white wine or yogurt but did not have any.

I could post the recipe ingredients, not sure what the quantities are -- for the spinach sauce, I heated red pepper flakes in olive oil until brown, added diced onions, diced red bell pepper, diced Roma tomatoes with juice, Italian seasoning, let that all Coke. Then I added one package feta cheese with some boiling water from cooking the spinach. Then I added frozen Qorn which is this really yummy and easy to use meat substitute. When it was heated through, I added the spinach and lemon juice.

I can't remember what I did for the tofu marinade, it usually is whatever I have -- sesame oil, olive oil, nutritional yeast (it's really yummy), fresh ginger, fresh garlic, sesame seeds, soy sauce, etc.

I'm really enjoying seeing all of your creative ideas and projects.