... about ... what's new ... how to ...

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

halter top

I got a pattern a couple of weeks ago for a halter top from Amy Butler. I've been searching for very cheap fabric to practice with because it involves some skills that I hadn't tried before. This week, I found some $2/m silver and black cotton voile. It turned out ok but I've learned a huge secret of the sewing world! Hidden zippers aren't really hidden, so always make sure you match your fabric, although it's very possible that I installed it wrong. That seems more likely! Also I'd like to alter the pattern next time as its a bit too broad across the chest and high on my back. I'm 34 but still want dress like a skank. ha!

4 comments:

sukogirl said...

Nice job! The pattern goes well with the design. I know this is just a test piece, but would it be difficult to alight the designs where the pieces are sewn together?

cignoh said...

this is really nice! i would totally wear that. even though it's just a test piece, you should totally wear it. i like the black/combo a lot. and yes, how difficult is it to align the pieces? i think that doing so adds an extra professional touch. i like to dress like a skank sometimes too ;)

lanaconqueso said...

nice! okay, now we have to see it modelled :). Call it "sexy", not "skanky" That's what victoria's secret does...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.