... about ... what's new ... how to ...

Sunday, June 1, 2008

you spin me

These are prototypes for a gift that I would like to make for some friends of mine. They are DJ's and are due in roughly 9 weeks or so. I'm hoping to make them "my first records" for their little tike. I'd like to use batting instead of stuffing so I can get the grooves more even. I'd also like to find a better way to do the hole in the center. They are a bit lopsided, but I figure the baby won't mind. I'd love any suggestions for improving on the idea!

2 comments:

cignoh said...

what a cute idea! these turned out really nicely even though they are only prototypes. what do you mean the circle in the middle? the part that the entire label would cover or the tiny hole that that would go through the needle that you've sewn with thread? i don't know what batting vs stuffing is. but anyway, the baby will be rocking w/ his/her little record...

also, re: your previous post about sewing corners well, that made sense and sounds like a good tip, i will give it a try!

Robin D. said...

i like these as well! great idea for a toy. how about using a metal grommet in the middle for the hole? grommet punches are very similar to the tools used to attach snaps.