... about ... what's new ... how to ...

Sunday, June 22, 2008

word to the wordle

One blog that I've been reading a lot of recently is LifeHacker Australia. Here, I find lots of tips and tricks about the latest technology and ways to make life just a little easier. The topics are widespread - one minute you are learning how to tweak Firefox, the next your creating a bedside pocket to hold your stuff. It's all good. Today LifeHacker directed me to Wordle, an interactive text parser and generator that creates an image based on your text. The fun part is tweaking its font, colour and layout. I tried it with two text samples. the first was my resume. The second was the text and vows from my wedding ceremony.I had heaps of fun with and wanted to pass it along for my fellow bloggers to try.

5 comments:

cignoh said...

omigosh, how cool is that! i'm going to give it a try... both of your ideas are great (resume and vows). i like how the font and colors in the professional one are more subdued, and the vows are more colorful and whimsical. what a great idea. i've heard of lifehacker but haven't checked it out, i'll bookmark it and check on it every so often now that i know... thanks for sharing!

cignoh said...

i ran an old resume through wordle and found that the 3 most prominent words were 'university', 'computer', and 'august' :)

ladylulu said...

I am so excited to try this! Thanks!

sukogirl said...

how fun!! thank you so much for sharing!

lila said...

That looks like fun! I tried it but kept getting a Java related error message. Might try again later.