... about ... what's new ... how to ...

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Progress Report

After a couple hours of tedious work, the toy box finally looks like something I would make and be happy to send out into the world.

Box in Progress

Box in Progress

The words are selections cut from a copy of Alice in Wonderland. I knew I wanted to add text from a classic children's story along the edges of my toy box, and Alice's fantastic story seemed like a perfect choice for my box about toys and play.

Box in Progress

I spiced up the dull base of the box with some of my favorite instructions from childhood, "cut along the dotted line." Unsurprisingly, I loved to cut stuff up as a kid. I also did some coloring in on the bingo card (I still doodle by coloring in words and numbers on anything). I added some stars glitter glue too. Toy box still needs cleaning and touch-ups and probably some more work on the outside. Don't forget to visit my blog and post a comment for the 101st post if you want to be entered in my toy box giveaway.

3 comments:

cignoh said...

i love your final product. the text along the box adds a nice touch, i like the 'cut along the dotted line' too. the entire mix is colorful and charming and will make a wonderful addition to someone's home.

sukogirl said...

yes, great job! the text along the edge is a cool detail. the cutting and pasting of the text must have taken some time, but definitely a worthwhile effort. i love everything you put in the box, from the blocks to the jacks to the silly puddy. such classic toys ...

sukogirl said...

i tried to comment on your 101 post, but it wouldn't let me. i don't know what i'm doing wrong. in any case, i wanted to share this cake with you. when i saw it, it reminded me of the card you made for you daughter.
http://www.thesweetcushion.blogspot.com/