... about ... what's new ... how to ...

Monday, July 7, 2008

Needle holder


Needle holder
Originally uploaded by sukogirl

With a little hand holding, I finally managed to get my sewing machine up and running. It wasn't as difficult and intimidating as it looked. After practicing on some dish rags, I decided that my first project would be to make a hanging needle holder to organize my knitting and crochet needles. I didn't follow any particular pattern, just winged it. I backed the top fabric with canvas to give it a little support. I even played around with some of the "fancy" stitches.

5 comments:

lanaconqueso said...

wow! beautiful colors & fabric choices. I like the embroidery up the side... is that a stitch on your machine? A dpn needle case is up there on my list of things to do with my sewing machine. It's great to see this!

cignoh said...

that's cool that you made up the pattern. i wrote earlier on your flickr asking about the embroidery along the side, i take it that you did that? i like it a lot lot... very nice job!

sukogirl said...

thank you! yes, the embroidery is a stitch on my machine. lana, i am looking forward to seeing ur dpn needle case!

ladylulu said...

i love this needle case; it makes me want to take up knitting again. it really is beautiful and practical. that is my favorite kind of thing!

lila said...

What a good idea! It looks like abstract art.