... about ... what's new ... how to ...

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

opinions requested!

Okay, I need some help. This is the last assignment of the photography workshop. I can only submit one photo, and this time we get to do post-processing (cropping, color adjustment, sharpening, etc). I unfortunately didn't get out to shoot much over the weekend, due to crippling amounts of knitting (see previous post), so the only decent photos I got were of the tricklers towards the end of bay to breakers. The assignment is sort of open ended. One photo of a "decisive moment," which I think can be broadly interpreted as "something interesting is happening", with considerations for composition and use of color. I'd mostly just like to hear your reactions to these four photos. Gut feelings when you look at them, maybe which one (if any) makes you linger longer. Also, any suggestions on alternate crops are welcome.

5 comments:

sukogirl said...

i thing the yellow suited people are the most interesting. colors is great and facial expressions makes u wonder why they look so sad and troubled. the blue pants is pretty cool too. the color is great and you captured the flowiness of the pants very nicely.

Amy Badskirt said...

For me, the green teeter-totter pictures caught my attention the most. I kept getting drawn back to it. When I clicked into the full size images. I was especially drawn to the tag sticking out of her skirt. I'm not sure why. It definitely pulled me back.

I really liked the blue pants too, but for me the green photo is a big winner.

Well done getting four photos to choose from! In my photography class, I was lucky to have one that made the cut.

ladylulu said...

I second Amy on the green photo - it struck me as more of a decisive moment - but I LOVE the yellow and the blue.

cignoh said...

hi, i have to third amy and ladylulu and agree that the green seems like more of a decisive moment. i love the expression on her face and the way her limbs are intertwined with his body and how pale their skin is. i love shape of the blue and how you can see part of her stomach, and love the vividness of the yellow costumes in contrast to their surrounding---i also like their facial expressions as sukogirl mentioned. i like the viking girl too, i might consider cropping from waist up in a horizontal shot to see her facial expression better. nice job on everything, i definitely want to see your final result with whatever you choose!

lanaconqueso said...

wow, thanks for all the comments everyone! I posted the green see saw one, per majority vote :). I did some additional processing to crank up the green and desaturate the blue hat that I couldn't crop out of frame. You can see it
here
, along with the original uncropped photo.