... about ... what's new ... how to ...

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Party Invitation Finished!

I have finally finished my invitations to the wee-one's first birthday party. The colors are not quite right in the photos. The cardstock is a slightly shimmery gold and the colors are all bright, bright, bright! Birthday Invite Front Birthday Invite Back I printed the back using my gocco this evening. I need to make myself a shirt pronouncing my gocco love. The paper on the back was not applied as precisely as I would have liked, but I am sleepy and still pleased with the results. The envelopes are a slightly shimmery blue called "stardust." The whole package is quite nice.

7 comments:

Amy Badskirt said...

Very cool finish to the invites. I really love the quirky collage on the front. Can you tell me more about your gocco? I've never heard of that sort of printer.

ladylulu said...

Sure.

A gocco (pronounced like loco) is sort of like a neat and tiny way to silkscreen. I find it useful for making my own stationary which was it's primary purpose in Japan where the product is invented.

It's a self contained unit that burns your master (your screen) with a quick exposure to flash blubs, and then that same small unit is used to print. You apply ink to the screen one time, and then you can simply make as many prints as you want. Here is the official website:

http://www.gocco.com/prod.HTM

One drawback is the number of parts that can only be used once - the flashbulbs and screens, which means more green going out of your wallet and less green behavior.

There is a lot of info out there - just Google "gocco."

sukogirl said...

yes, awesome final product. i did not know about the gocco. that's a cool little gadget!

cignoh said...

love the final result, thanks for sharing. does your gocco work on tshirts? i learned about them during tad and looked into them a little. i thought i read that they don't work as well on fabric, but maybe that's wrong?

Amy Badskirt said...

I found a tutorial which is step-by-step on how gocco works.

http://www.getcrafty.com/blogs.php?user=dilettantecrafter&entry=5305

I must say that is so completely cool. I'm very jealous and hope we can see more of your gocco work!!

Robin D. said...

the invites look great and that was a helpful tutorial as well, thanks! (look under user=dilettantecrafter in the blogs of getcrafty.com, if the above link is cut off)

ladylulu said...

cignoh-

I have never used my gocco on fabrics - although I have been tempted. Apparently Riso makes some sort of attachment or tool for goccoing on fabric...