... about ... what's new ... how to ...

Sunday, May 4, 2008

happy pants

Today, I decided to surprise Craig by making him a pair of fisherman pants. As you can see, I decided to keep them for myself. We call them happy pants in our family, and Craig often wears them as pajamas. We found a pattern on the net last month. He tried to make himself a pair, but the pattern turned out to be a bit rubbish. I tried again today with some left over cotton voile from my skirt project. I got it in the clearance bin of the fabric store. I cannibalized the black belt from his project which I think is the best part. I made a few mistakes but they are definitely passible for bedtime wear!! Another easy, quick project! Total time: 2 hrs

4 comments:

ladylulu said...

these are some seriously happy pants! rad!

cignoh said...

they look really cute on you, it's good you stole them... the foldover waist is cool!

Joanna said...

it's pretty stylish! i wouldn't mind wearing that around the town, actually. good job!

Robin D. said...

the assymetrical foldover waist is a nice detail, especially with the black belt. they look so comfy! i'd like to have a pair of these to hang around my house.